Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Knitting Gods

Yesterday was the first day in all to long that I finally made it back to the Mayne Island knitting group. A group I started and then mere years later abandoned. They continued on without me - as I hoped they would.
Well, we chatted and chatted and chatted some more. The knitting gods didn't like all this chatter. They decided we needed to be taught a lesson.
As I discovered that I had a dropped a stitch a mile or so back, another knitter found she could not follow a pattern. A pattern she knew was right. A pattern that had worked many times before. A pattern she knew well. It simply didn't work. Then another knitter found an error and yet another knitter and still another knitter. We all dropped like flies. Frogging became the order of the day. Yes, we learnt our lesson. Some decided to hang up their needles for the day. Others continued on in garter stitch. I frogged. Reknit. Frogged. Reknit. Frogged. Then finally was successful.
Oh, the joys of knitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home