Thursday, October 05, 2006

Treasures from the past

I found this among some papers and thought you may enjoy it.

Mom's Purse Slippers (this is written in my Mom's hand writing. So the "Mom" referred to would be my Grandma. I don't know where she obtained the original pattern. I have never knit these slippers. I have never followed this pattern. So please proceed cautiously. Though it was handed down from mother to daughter. Both mother and daughter were skilled knitters so I don't think there is much to fear. )
Size 7 knitting needles (this would be size 7 Canadian/Uk - 7 US - 4.50 mm)
Cast on 5 stitches.
Knit 6 rows
Increase 1 stitch at beginning of each row until 24 stitches
Increase 1 stitch in every stitch total 48 stitches
k2, p2 for 8"
Knit 2 tog. at beginning of each row until 5 sts remain.
Knit 6 rows
Cast off but do not break the wool make a chain of 6 sts for buttonhole, sew sides, sew on button.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home