Saturday, November 18, 2006

Movies

Don't feel too bad for me. I live on the most beautiful island (IMHO). In fact, my home has inspired me to great (for me) highest of creativity. And I have no room to complain. Why (how) could I.

Yes, my friends, Mayne Island lacks in very little. However, if you are looking for a fast food restaurant or a movie theatre you must look elsewhere.

Usually this does not bother me. In fact, I relish living on island that does not include these businesses. We do after all have at least five fine restaurants and at least three movie channels.

Okay, if I were to complain this is what I would say: The movie channels feature movies that are at least a couple of months old. Nothing current. In order to see a current movie we must venture forth into the "city".

This is usually fine. Usually I have no trouble waiting. Occasionally only occasionally do I catch an ad for a must-see movie. This movie calls out to be seen on the large screen. When this occurs I make arrangements to see it. As I make these arrangements I hope that the movie will live up to my expectations. All this time, money and effort I do not want to be disappointed. I have a feeling that those involved in making the movie do not want to disappoint me either.

However, movies have and sadly, I am sure, will continue to disappoint me. Thankfully the majority of the time I leave the theatre feeling like I have made a wise investment.

Yesterday Hubby and I went to see Stranger than Fiction. It lived up to it's name. The concept was strange. Will Ferrill is a little strange. Strange in a delightfully entertaining way. I don't want to say too much. I don't want to spoil it for those who have yet to watch. I hope it is enough to say that the characters were well drawn, the plot was gripping, and the editing finely tuned the movie. It was especially interesting for a new author, such as myself, to watch. Go see it. I am interested to hear what you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home