Thursday, November 02, 2006

Take note: a story

Piss off! You heard me: leave. I don't want you around. I don't have anything for you: no money, no booze, no nothin'. Isn't it bad enough that I'm trapped in this tin piss can without you tormenting me. I don't need you. I don't need anyone. I'm just fine on my own. Thank you very much. I don't need your help. I don't need your pity. If you stay one of the two of us is going to get hurt and I can guarantee it won't be me. So get the hell out of my house! Why are you still here? Are you deaf, dumb and stupid?

He found the note on the breakfast table. There it was beside his scrambled eggs and toast. He picked it up and read it over slowly. It was Saturday he had the time.
He smiled. Smiled? At such a note? Was he insane? Maybe. He did, afterall, live with a writer. That required some degree of insanity.
Yes, he smiled. He smiled because he knew her writer's block was over. The clouds had lifted. The sun shone. The birds sung. All was right with the world. His wife was back at work. She had once again found her muse.
"Did you read it?" She enquired with a kiss.
"Um, yes, well, yes I did."
"Well what do you think?" She beamed inquisitively.
What does one say?
"It's rather, well, strong."
"Yes, I know isn't it. I'm not sure where it fits yet. Sometimes it's like assembling a jigsaw puzzle. Only you don't have to find all the corner pieces first. You just have to find a piece."
Yes, he had to admit, it did help to be a little insane.

Copyright by Leanne Dyck on November 2, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home