Thursday, January 04, 2007

Sears, I am very disappointed in you

I usually don't use my blog to rant. Frankly, I believe there is enough negativity in the world. It's time to add some light.

However, today I am greatly annoyed. The source of this annoyance is Sears. I placed an order a couple of days ago. I was assured over the phone that the item I was ordering was in stock. Moreover, I was assured that the item would arrive on Mayne Island on January 9th. I was looking forward to receiving it. I have just received a phone call today stating that the item is no longer in stock. The phone call was from a machine. They didn't even have the decency to have a staff phone me.

I am truly very disappointed with Sears. As I was raised in rural Manitoba, I grew up with the Sears and Eaton's catalogues. I did not hesitate to order through Sears' catalogue. I made sure to ask if the item was in stock because I wanted to avoid being disappointed. Well, I am disappointed and will hesitate to order through Sears in the future. I caution you to do the same.
I want to do business with companies that value their customers. Through their actions I now see that Sears is not one of these.

I did phone and voice my complaint. However, I wanted to tell you as well in hopes of saving you from similar disappointment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home