Saturday, March 03, 2007

Meow: a piece of fiction

Hello, I'm pleased to meet you. My name is Josephine May and this story is about me. Really there is no better subject matter. I'm sure you will agree. I'm a Manx Queen of a royal bloodline. I should live in a castle -- at the very least a mansion -- but sadly I share my domicile with my half-wit brother, some ignorant stray, and two humans.


Humans make the most adorable pets. They do the most bizarre things like staring at walls for hour upon hour. I've tried it and really I don't know what they get out of it. I've tried to teach my pets a few tricks but frankly I must tell you they are none too bright. After repeated attempts they have almost mastered the trick I like to call, "Open the door on command." I'm disappointed to report that they are still miserable failures at catching mice. Even when I bring the creatures in half dead, they still don't seem to be able to master it.

Really, it's a pity because there is no better light snack than a juicy mouse. The fur tickles my nose. The tail slips down my throat. I like the crunch, crunch, crunch that the bones make as I chew. I find it is the best way to keep my teeth sharp and strong. However, use caution: the liver and stomach are not fit for cat nor human. Only the most uncultured will eat them, like the stray that I am forced to tolerate.

This piece of prose is unfinished...someday, someday.
Copyright, Leanne Dyck, March, 2007



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home