Thursday, June 14, 2007

Photographer

A couple of years ago, when I had just purchased my digital camera, I began to hear the whispers of the muse. I posted my jpgs on my blog and low and behold received an email. The email urged me to submit my pictures to picture.com Well, I was flattered and so I did.
"After the Storm" was selected to appear in a book. Well, I was even more flattered but I began to smell a skunk when the email solicited me for money to purchase the book.
So, needless to say, I didn't purchase the book and I attempted to break contact with picture.com This is easier said than done it seems. They have sent me letters and emails. The story continues even to this very day. Today I received word that I would be honoured for my excellent skills as a photographer. Uh...
Then I logged on to this site:
http://www.betterphoto.com/forms/qnaDetail.asp?threadID=8171
And realized I was not alone.
Be careful out there - it can be a scary place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home