Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy Saint Patrick Day!

I just realized that I don't have any green to wear today. Nothing. Zip. Zero.
I am currently knitting a green sweater. However, as this is the third time I cast on stitches to begin knitting it the chances that I will finish it today are zip, zero, none.
Do you believe in leprechauns?
Well, something has made this a sweater-that-can't-be-knit.
First, as Elizabeth Zimmerman would say, I unvent -- she used 'unvent' instead of 'unvent' because there is nothing new under the knitting sun -- a stitch pattern. A pretty cool stitch pattern actually. Only trouble is that it needed to be on a odd number of stitches and I was trying to work it on an even number of stitches.
Big deal, you say.
Well, it is a big deal because I start working in the "new" stitch pattern only after I worked 2. 5 inches of 1 x 1 rib stitch and 14. 5 inches of Stockinette stitch.
So I ripped that all back and began a new.
I began a new at night under dim light.
So, it wasn't until the morning that I realized the difference in the dye lot number between ball one and ball two.
Who would have put the two balls in the same bag?
Me.
So, anyway, I'm now knitting the back for the third time and I am dangerously close to the "new" stitch pattern.
Wish me luck.
Leanne
Please visit me at http://www.oknitting.com/

1 Comments:

Blogger Author Leanne Dyck said...

Please excuse my error in yesterday's post. Elizabeth Zimmerman used the term 'unvent' not 're-invent' as I had claimed. I'm going to google Elizabeth Zimmerman and report back.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home