Friday, March 05, 2010

Please join me

Each year, it has been my habit to attend the annual world day of prayer. I began attending these ecumenical services when I was a teenager. Last year it was my honour to organize the service. I got to choose the hymns and find a part for each reader. This year I return to being a participant.
I enjoy these services. I like engaging in prayer with my fellow world citizens of diverse faith backgrounds. I enjoy travelling, in my pew, to beautiful distant lands.
This year we will be travelling to Cameroon. The service was prepared by the World Day of Prayer Committee of Cameroon.
Please join us at Saint Mary Magdalene Church at 2 pm.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Leanne, is this ecumenical in the sense of participation by all faiths or by all varieties of Christian?

8:07 AM  
Blogger Author Leanne Dyck said...

Hi Amber,
Good question. The literature describes it as an "ecumenical" service. However, I do believe it is referring to various denominations of Christians. I see no reason, however, that believers from other faith backgrounds couldn't participate. I think it would enrich the service.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home